MACC Chief Back To Finish the Job

2186
- Advertisement -

With Najib going to the MACC again, it may be today that Shukri finishes the job he came back to do.

Pakatan Harapan appointed Datuk Seri Mohd Shukri Abdull to head the MACC when it took over Putrajaya after GE14.

Shukri said he is determined to finish the probe into the alleged transferring of millions into Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s personal account from SRC International in 2015.

“I came back to finish my unfinished task.

“I am not happy to take the job but I take this as a responsibility to serve the country.

“My experiences in probing SRC International and 1MDB were very scary.

“In fact, I nearly died because of this case and that’s why I’m afraid to return,” he said at a special press conference at MACC headquarters in Putrajaya on Tuesday (May 22).

But, I take this as a responsibility to serve the country. My experiences in probing SRC International and 1MDB are very scary. In fact, I nearly died because of this case and that’s why I’m afraid to return.

Mohd Fadli Hamzah/NST

“Two more witnesses and you will get your story,” he promised reporters, triggering speculation that the story will break when Najib goes again to the MACC on May 24.

Shukri explained that the-then MACC Chief Tan Sri Abu Kassim Mohamed had ordered him to open an investigation into the alleged RM 2.6 billion that was passed into Najib’s personal account in 2015.

He had asked his former boss of the possible consequences of their actions then.

“It is either this man (Najib) get out of office, or the both of us will be out of office. However, Tan Sri Abu (Kassim) said no problem, we do it for the country,” said Shukri.

However, Najib removed former Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail in July 2015, supposedly on the day Abu Kassim was supposed to indict the former prime minister.

Abu Kassim stepped down as MACC Chief Commissioner in June 2016, and Shukri subsequently opted for early retirement in July 2016.

Shukri said many might have questioned why he was silent after he retired and why he did not want to come out and tell the public everything about the 1MDB scandal.

“Datuk Bahari said please stand up, it doesn’t matter if we end up in the lock-up. Or even if we would be hit by the OSA,” he said.

Datuk Bahri Mohamad Zain was the former Special Operations Division director who was transferred out of MACC in 2015 and reinstated three days later. He opted for early retirement early last year.

“I told him we will never succeed that way. We will only be arrested and after a few days, Malaysians will forget.

“We have to do things strategically so that we can present to everyone.

“For one-and-a-half years, I have been telling the rakyat what I have in small WhatsApp groups. I sent out thousands of messages,” Shukri said, adding that he would also talk about the matter with people he met.

“The RM2.6 billion (scandal) is not a made up story. Who would donate RM2.6 billion?

“It’s believable if it were RM2.6 million, but RM2.6 billion is just too big.

Bernama

“Looks like God gave me the chance today to tell my story,” he said.

Shukri wants to leave it to the rule of law to decide who is right and who is wrong.

“I am not going to take revenge in any form or through anyone. The law will decide.

“We must respect him because he is the former prime minister but I’m telling you, let the law take its course,” he said.


Related reports:

May 23, Shukri’s Explosive Claims, Swift Denials

May 23, Shukri’s Thrilling Tell-All

May 22, Shukri: Former MACC Chief Dzulkifli a Traitor

May 22, Shukri: No Proof RM2.6B in Najib’s Account Was a Donation

May 22, New MACC Chief Threatened While Probing 1MDB