Kayveas claims he never touched the funds and it was others within the party.
Disputed MyPPP president Tan Sri M Kayveas has refuted claims that he received funds that may be linked to 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).
When met outside the MyPPP headquarters on Jalan Rotan on Thursday (Oct 18), he claimed that the funds amounting to about RM36 million that he spoke to Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) officers about were actually collected by the opposite faction vying for power within MyPPP.
“There are two amounts, RM16 million and RM20 million, that they collected in the name of MyPPP after they ‘so-called’ sacked me.
“This money, which they allegedly collected from Barisan Nasional, never came into MyPPP’s accounts.
“We don’t know where this money went and that is what I went to clarify with the MACC,” he said.
He said he has given the name and details of the six people who collected the cash to MACC officers.
Kayveas was previously expelled from the party and Datuk Seri Maglin D’Cruz assumed the role of acting president.
D’Cruz had maintained that Kayveas was no longer a member of MyPPP as of April 25, and that Kayveas has been misleading party members and the public claiming that he is still president. – The Star