Perak State Assembly Speaker Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham lodged a police report last night on information pertaining to the alleged rape case involving state executive councillor Paul Yong Choo Kiong.
He lodged the report at 10.15pm at the Ipoh district police headquarters.
“At about 6pm today (Thursday) while I was at a hotel in Jalan Datoh, I received information that the person who took the Indonesian maid to make a police report that she had been raped was believed to have received RM100,000.
“He was also threatened with a pistol to not expose the secret.
“I believe there is some reason behind the allegation that Yong raped his maid,” he told reporters after lodging the police report.
Ngeh said he received the new information after a meeting with the man at a hotel.
“I’ve met the man face to face, in the presence of other YBs.
“He said he received RM100,000 and was also threatened by a man with a gun not to tell anyone about it,” Ngeh said.
“Based on this new information and report, I hope the police will investigate the matter further,” he said.
The Star reported that Ngeh believed a plot had been hatched against Yong.
“We will only bring the man and disclose further information during police investigations.
“We also want to protect him and hope the truth will be upheld.
“It is only when the case is fully investigated that we’ll know the agenda behind this accusation,” the news report added.
Yong, who is the State Housing, Local Government, Public Transport, Non-Muslim Affairs and New Village Committee chairman, was charged in the Ipoh sessions court this morning with raping the maid.
On July 8, the 23-year-old Indonesian woman lodged a police report claiming that she was raped by Yong.
Police arrested Yong the following day, but he was later released on police bail.
Meanwhile, Perak Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu advised the Tronoh assemblyman to take leave from his duties in view of the case.