Anwar’s Aide Farhash Released on Bail After Arrest

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s political secretary Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak was arrested today when he surrendered at the Ampang Jaya police headquarters this morning over an armed assault case in the district.

Selangor Criminal Investigations Department chief, Senior Assistant Commissioner Fadzil Ahmat said Faharsh was arrested when he turned himself in at 10am, but was later released on police bail at 5pm.

“The suspect who works as a political secretary had cooperated with the police in their investigation.

“We are now in the midst of completing the investigations papers. The suspect was taken for a urine test and tested negative from any drugs,” he said.

Fadzil said the case will be referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor’s office for the next course of action.

Previously Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador said Farhash was wanted by the police to have his statement recorded over the assault case last week.

Farhash is alleged to have been involved in the August 31 brawl at Kompleks Sukan Arena All Stars in Taman Dagang Permai, Ampang.

Hasnoor Hussain/TMI

The person who lodged a police report against him has retracted his complaint.

Apart from being Anwar’s aide, Farhash is also Perak PKR chairman.

Last week, Anwar said Farhash was doing fine, adding that he had asked the latter to meet with the police even though the police report had been withdrawn.

On Tuesday, Farhash claimed that the police report had named his brother instead of him, but said he was willing to provide his full cooperation if required.

Police had asked Farhash repeatedly to come forward, while Anwar, also, had advised him to assist the cops.

Meanwhile, Farhash, in a statement, claimed the complainant did not identify him as one of the assailants in an identification parade.

“I went to the police station to give my statement as soon as I returned from a diving trip.

“It is hoped that everyone will remain fair and reasonable in making remarks when it concerns an ongoing police investigation,” he said.