Serial Paedophile Caught with 15 Videos of His Attacks on Primary Schoolgirls

1024
- Advertisement -

Terengganu police were able to capture a suspected serial paedophile after an eight-year-old student exposed his attacks to a teacher. 

  • Suspect believed to be a college graduate, works as an air-conditioning technician
  • Preyed on schoolgirls aged 8-12 waiting for their parents to fetch them from schools within Marang and Kuala Terengganu
  • Threatened and traumatised victims while recording lewd acts
  • 13 victims identified 

The suspect was arrested within hours of a police report being lodged.

Terengganu CID chief Asst Comm Fazlisyam Abdul Majid said police nabbed the 20-year old air-conditioning technician on March 27 at his home in Marang.

They also seized two mobile phones, one of which contained 15 videos of the suspect molesting his young victims.

“The suspect would often target students waiting for their parents to fetch them from school, before approaching them on the pretext of looking for the toilet or visiting his sibling.

“He would then threaten the victims to keep quiet and the traumatised students would comply as the suspect starts recording the lewd act,” Fazlisyam said in a press conference today.

It is believed that the suspect, who reportedly is a college graduate, has been committing the vile acts since last year.

He has been getting away with it until late March this year when a frightened, tearful eight-year-old victim sought help from a teacher.

The suspect, who has a previous conviction for trespassing, would target girls aged between eight and 12, in schools located within Marang and nearby Kuala Terengganu.

“During normal schooling days, the suspect would prey on his victims between 1 to 2pm and on the weekends between 4 to 6pm,” Fazlisyam said.

Police have so far identified about 13 victims, most of them in Marang.

Fazlisyam said the federal police were now involved in the probe, due to the high number of victims, and will thoroughly investigate the man.

“The case has also caught the attention of Bukit Aman for the most number of victims by one suspect,” he said.

Initial investigations showed the videos were not circulated publicly and was for the suspect’s personal use.

Fazlisyam also advised parents to be more careful and vigilant with their children. He said they should take better precautions and listen to their children’s troubles.

“Communicate with your children. Ask them every day if anything is wrong.

“We must protect our children because paedophilia is a serious matter,” he said.

The case is being investigated for making or producing child pornography and physical sexual assault on a child under the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017.