Siblings Taken from Kindergarten by Mother, Not Kidnapped

- Advertisement -

The woman behind the disappearance of two siblings, who were reported missing from a kindergarten in Section 16, Petaling Jaya, is their mother.

  • Biological New Zealander mother divorced from the siblings’ father
  • Mother blocked calls and messages from family
  • Family fears mother will take children back to NZ

Information gathered so far points to a domestic matter, according to Selangor CID chief Senior Asst Comm Fadzil Ahmat.

He added that the main priority is the safety of the children.

Raheel Khan Mohd Saleem, 6, and his younger sister Aleya Reyhana, 4, were reported missing on March 8 when their aunt went to pick them up from the kindergarten.

Halim Salleh

It is understood that the two siblings were taken by a woman, along with two men, on the pretext of bringing them for medical check-ups at 9am. The trio arrived in a white MPV.

According to The New Straits Times, the children’s aunt, Najmah Mohd Haslam, 42, when met at her house in Shah Alam, said the children were most likely taken away by their biological mother, who was divorced from her brother in 2016.

Halim Salleh

Najmah said the mother should at least have informed the family as they have never stopped her from seeing the children since they moved to Shah Alam after the divorce.

“We have tried contacting her but she has not been cooperative. Worst still, she has even blocked our calls and messages,” Najmah was quoted saying.

She added that the family was worried because the mother may take the children back to New Zealand, if they don’t act fast.

Razziah H Khan/Facebook

Raheel Khan and Aleeya Reyhana’s disappearance was only discovered by the family in the afternoon when the aunt had gone to the kindergarten to fetch them.

Najmah said a teacher there had told her that a woman claiming to be their biological parent had taken them on the pretext of taking them for a health check-up in the morning.

Razziah H Khan/Facebook

“My brother hasn’t slept since the day they were taken and is worried about their safety,” she was quoted saying.

A police report on their disappearance was lodged the same night.