Handbags to die for, possibly including the record-breaking diamond-encrusted fuchsia pink crocodile Hermes Birkin handbag auctioned off for a whopping US$223,000 (RM887,103) at Christie’s in Hong Kong in 2015.
The Malay Mail has published a list of items allegedly confiscated in the first search of Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s Taman Duta residence on May 16.
Chanel boxes containing handbags of the following descriptions, found in the surau (prayer room) of the house:
- fatigue green (2 boxes)
- pink (2 boxes)
- light fatigue green
- royal blue
- light green
- fuchsia pink
35 handbags of the following brands and descriptions found in the home’s storeroom:
- red Chanel
- blue velvet Gucci
- green leather Gucci
- white navy red/flower embroidered Gucci
- red leather Gucci
- pink and white Gucci
- black Gucci (two pieces)
- red Gucci
- light beige Gucci
- green Gucci
- black Versace (4 pieces)
- purple, green and blue Versace
- gold Versace
- pink embroidered Versace
- blue and purple Versace
- peach satin Oscar De La Renta
- blue purple snakeskin Oscar De La Renta
- peach pink snakeskin Oscar De La Renta
- orange snakeskin Oscar De La Renta
- yellow snakeskin Oscar De La Renta
- off-white shining Louis Vuitton
- blue crocodile-skin Louis Vuitton
- fuchsia pink with red Louis Vuitton
- light peach and brown with red Louis Vuitton
- brown and beige Prada
- green Prada
- black Dolce & Gabbana
- purple crocodile-skin Loewe
- orange Michael Kors
- black Piana Clerico
- black Valentino
Two Roberto Cavalli bags found in a wardrobe storeroom on the first floor of Najib’s mansion
Luxury watches of the following brands and descriptions found in the bedroom of one of Najib’s children:
- silver Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day Date with a black face
- leather Rolex Oyster Perpetual Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified Cosmograph
- black Rolex Sky – Oweller Oyster Perpetual Superlative Chronometer
- silver Rolex Cosmograph Daytona
- silver Rolex Cosmograph
- silver Rolex Oyster Cosmograph
- silver Rolex Oyster Perpetual Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified Cosmograph
- brown Patek Philippe Geneve
- blue Hublot
- black Richard Mille
Cash found in the same bedroom:
- 2.87 million Sri Lankan rupees
The Malay Mail also posed the question of whether Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor is the owner of a diamond-encrusted fuchsia pink crocodile Hermes Birkin handbag that was auctioned off for a whopping US$223,000 (RM887,103) at Christie’s in Hong Kong in 2015.
It was the most expensive handbag ever sold at an auction then.
In the image taken by the Malay Mail as authorities carted away more than 200 designer handbags from a Najib-linked condo at Pavilion Residences, the top left box is labelled ‘H-bag Fuschia Pink Croco Skin Hermes’ while the third box from the top is labelled ‘Fushia Pink Croco Skin Hermes w/ Diamante’.
Shortly after the record auction of the pink Birkin in 2015, pictures of Rosmah carrying a similar bag began circulating on social media, sparking rumours that she had purchased it.
According to the daily, whistleblower site Sarawak Report had previously claimed that Jho Low was funding Rosmah’s shopping spree but the former first lady’s aide Datuk Rizal Mansor denied the allegation.
Meanwhile, Malaysiakini reported that police have declined to confirm if the condo search had netted more than 100 kg of gold bars.
However, neither did they repudiate if gold bars were among the items seized last night.
“I think it is premature… Too early to confirm or deny what were the items seized.
“I think it is not proper for me to say so. The reason being is, we have not tabulated exactly,” federal commercial crime investigation department (CCID) director Comm Datuk Seri Amar Singh told a media conference this morning.
According to a Sin Chew Daily report, the police had confiscated more than 100 kg of gold bars and an excess of RM100 million in cash.
May 18, Astounding Haul!