He allegedly raped his two younger sisters and got away with it. Then he preyed on an even younger sister and finally got caught.
Chronology of events:
- Youth raped sisters aged 14, nine and eight
- The two elder girls had previously told their mother
- She questioned the son, he denied and said the girls slandered him
- Mother thought it a prank, did nothing
- Suspect threatened youngest girl not to tell anyone, she told her mother
- Mother questioned son again, he also denied
- Finally, mother lodged report
- Alleged rapist surrendered to police
What we know of the family:
- Youth – 18, unemployed, tested negative for drugs
- Mother – 39, unemployed, 12 children
- Father – labourer
Kuala Muda district deputy police chief Supt Saifi Abdul Hamid said initial investigation revealed that the 18-year-old suspect had raped his two sisters, aged nine and 14, in the past. However, the police did not state when the two girls were raped.
He said the two girls informed their mother about the rapes but she did not file a police report, thinking it was a prank since her son denied wrongdoing and claimed the girls were slandering him.
In the latest incident, which took place at about 8pm on Wednesday, the suspect allegedly raped his eight-year-old sister in a vacant house in Sungai Layar, Kedah, after dragging her from their own house next door.
Despite being threatened by the suspect not to tell anyone, the girl told her 39-year-old mother about the incident at about 9am yesterday on Thursday.
According to the police, the woman questioned her son regarding the latest incident and he also denied it.
Finally, she lodged a police report at 5.50pm on Thursday.
The woman is unemployed and has 12 children while her husband is a labourer.
“All the three victims will be sent to the hospital for examination,” Saifi said in a statement, The Star reported.
He said the suspect, who is jobless, surrendered himself at the Kuala Muda district police headquarters at about 10am yesterday.
According to Saifi, the youth tested negative for drugs.
The suspect was remanded for seven days till Jul 28.
The case is being investigated under Section 376B of the Penal Code for incest, which carries a jail sentence of 10 to 30 years and whipping.