Man Killed by Lorry After Ramming Car and Hurling Molotov Cocktail into Factory

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

A former factory manager in Chemor industrial area near Ipoh was killed after being hit by a lorry after he was believed to have trespassed and caused mischief to the factory.

District police chief ACP A Asmadi Abdul Aziz said in the 6.42pm incident yesterday, the 52-year-old suspect who was driving a Honda Civic car, was believed to have crashed into the factory building, then hurled a Molotov cocktail into the management office before crashing into a room in the factory which had caused a fire.

“The fire and rescue department has put out the fire, and no one was injured. The factory suffered a loss of about RM1 million in the fire,” he said.

He also said the suspect was killed after being hit by a trailer lorry at Jalan Kuala Kangsar about an hour later.

“There were witnesses who claimed that the man had purposely walked onto the road.

“We believe the incident at the factory was because he was unhappy for being suspended since September due to disciplinary problems,” Asmadi said.

“The company was investigating him after he was reported to have threatened the top management,” he added.

It was reported earlier that the man crashed into a section of his company’s premises in Perak and left the building of the US-based technology company on foot. An hour later, he was killed by a lorry while crossing the road.

A video of the man telling of his misery and depression at the workplace surfaced hours after he was killed.

In the video, the man said he had been performing well since joining the company, earning bonuses, increments and other incentives.

This year, he said, his bonus had been delayed and he did not get an increment and other incentives.

He said he was also accused of having “performance issues”, but no evidence of his shortcomings were highlighted to him.

“If I have a performance issue, you should call me in, tell me and we need to fix that,” he was reported to have said in the video.

He claimed he requested to meet his superior but was ignored.

“My life is miserable now. I have sleepless nights,” he said.

The man says he had not needed to take any medication for the past 20 years but was on numerous medications because of stress.

“Do you know how stressed I am?”

In the video, he repeatedly thanked several colleagues for helping him with his problem.

“Maybe tomorrow I am no more, who knows?” he said, almost tearing up.

The man said the stress was not because of his work but “some of the people” he worked with.

“Please look into my case, give me a fair deal, if you think I made a mistake, point it out. I’m very depressed.”

He added that he made two police reports about what he was going through at his workplace and another on alleged racism in the company.

“Thanks a lot, I miss you guys,” he said at the end of the recording.