Hisham on MH370 Murder-Suicide Claim: We Explored Every Possibility

748
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Former acting transport minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein asserted today that his ministry had explored every possible lead on the missing MH370 flight, including speculations of a mass murder and suicide bid by its pilot.

This comes after former Australian prime minister Tony Abbott said he had been told by the “highest levels” of Malaysian officials that the pilot could have committed mass murder.

Hishammuddin said he had always prioritised transparency and giving confirmed updates in order to establish what truly happened.

“Over the course of the investigation, new information and leads surfaced on a constant basis.

“I have always maintained that all the information needed to be properly verified and all evidence corroborated before further action could be taken.

FMT

“Revealing anything which has not been corroborated would have affected the ongoing investigations and would be unfair to the families of the passengers and the general public,” he said in a statement today.

He said giving out any information prematurely without confirmation would have been irresponsible and insensitive, adding that the investigation team did not report any definitive findings on the cause of the missing plane.

“A day has not passed that I have not prayed for a swift closure to this tragedy and for the truth to prevail.”

Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador dismissed the “mass murder” theory earlier today, saying there was no evidence, although former prime minister Najib Razak appeared to confirm Abbot’s claims, saying the scenario was never ruled out.


Earlier reports:

Feb 19, IGP Says Until Plane Is Found Can’t Say MH370 Disappearance Was Murder-Suicide

Feb 19, Najib Says MH370 Suspicions Kept Quiet as There Was No Hard Proof

Feb 19, Kit Siang Tells Former Government Leaders to “Speak Up” over Abbott’s MH370 Claim