Carlson’s last programme was April 21.
Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways, the media company said in a statement today, less than a week after Fox News and parent company Fox Corp settled a defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems for US$787.5 million (RM3.49 billion).
The settlement averted a trial putting one of the world’s top media companies in the crosshairs over its coverage of false vote-rigging claims in the 2020 US election.
Carlson had been expected to testify in the Dominion trial. Dominion had alleged that statements made on Carlson’s show after the 2020 election were defamatory and that messages between Carlson and his team were proof that he and his team knew the falsehood of claims that Denver-based Dominion’s ballot-counting machines were used to manipulate the election in favour of Democrat Joe Biden.
Carlson’s last programme was April 21, the company said in a statement. It said that Fox News Tonight will air live at 8pm EST (8am Malaysian time) starting this evening as an interim show helmed by rotating Fox News personalities until a new host is named.