FT Minister: Ramadan Bazaar Issue Taken out of Context

653
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

No decision yet on fate of FT Ramadan bazaars this year.

The issue on this year’s Ramadan bazaars should not be misunderstood by the public as no decision has been made yet, says Tan Sri Annuar Musa.

The Federal Territories Minister said the issue had been taken out of context in several reports after the press conference on Tuesday (March 31) in Putrajaya.

“Some media made the assumption that the ministry had decided to continue with the Ramadan Bazaar.

“But I would like to stress that there is no decision yet on Ramadan Bazaar.

“I have also given time for Kuala Lumpur City Hall and Putrajaya Corporation to present a briefing on Friday on their views on said issue,” he said during a live press conference at the ministry’s Facebook page on Wednesday (April 1).

Annuar stressed that a decision would be made that would comply with the regulations set by the Health Ministry (KKM) and the National Security Council (MKN).

Meanwhile, hawkers and petty traders who are eligible to get the one-off RM500 incentive can fill out the required information on the DBKL Portal at www.dbkl.gov.my.

The incentive will be banked into their respective accounts.

Ramadan is expected to start on April 23, just over a week after the movement control order is supposed to end on April 14.

Annuar yesterday was cited by Bernama as saying Ramadan bazaars will not be cancelled, but will be adjusted as they were needed by the people, especially those living in the big cities.

Bernama

“We have to think of the need of urban folks who do not have the time to cook after returning from work,” he was additionally quoted as saying.

Selangor, Malacca, Negeri Sembilan, and Terengganu have already cancelled Ramadan bazaars for this year.