Furious Netizens Gather at Home of Elderly Suspect in Sex Video with Underage Girl

526
- Advertisement -

Lorry driver who filmed himself sexually assaulting 12-year-old girl arrested.

The 65-year-old lorry driver who apparently recorded a sex clip featuring a 12-year-old girl that went viral had not surrendered but was instead arrested, police have clarified.

State CID chief ACP Wan Rukman Wan Hassan said a police team stopped the man while he was driving along the North-South Expressway near Gopeng at around 9.20pm on Tuesday (July 9).

“The suspect, who was heading towards Padang Besar to send a consignment of goods, did not resist arrest and was cooperative.

Polis Negeri Sembilan Facebook

“He is now in remand till July 15,” he told reporters on Wednesday.

Earlier reports said the man had surrendered to police.

Meanwhile, furious netizens gathered outside the suspect’s house in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, after a video depicting the man coaxing an underage girl to perform sexual acts on him went viral.

Videos have been circulating on WhatsApp showing a group of people outside the lorry driver’s home.

One of them is heard saying in Tamil, “We are at his house. Nobody is inside. It appears that he has fled.”

Whereas another video showed a car parked outside a house on fire, which is said to belong to either the suspect or one of his sons.

However, Wan Rukman said the video was not related to the incident.

Polis Negeri Sembilan Facebook

“If there are those who claim a car was set ablaze, I ask them to come forward and lodge a report,” he told a press conference this afternoon.

Wan Rukman also advised the public not to take the law into their own hands or harass the suspect’s family members.

Photographs of the 65-year-old suspect, who has been arrested and remanded until July 15, with his wife and sons have also been circulated.

According to Wan Rukam, the victim’s mother lodged a report yesterday after she became aware of the video clip featuring the suspect and her daughter, who is in Standard Six.

“He apparently took the girl out three times last month. We are still investigating if he forced the girl to perform similar acts on the two earlier occasions,” he added.

Polis Negeri Sembilan Facebook

“Our findings also revealed that the victim’s family only came to know the suspect a few months ago,” Wan Rukman said.

The suspect, who is bald, apparently recorded the 3min 10sec clip on his mobile phone.

In the clip, he can be seen repeatedly coaxing the young girl, who is topless, to stroke his genitals.

The man, who is only wearing pants lowered to his knees, can also be seen kissing the girl and performing sexual acts on her.

Reportedly, the victim lives in the same residential area as the suspect.

Meanwhile, Wan Rukman, who revealed that 17 police reports have been lodged over the incident, said the case is being investigated under Section 14 (a) of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017, which provides a jail term of up to 20 years and whipping.

It is also being probed under Section 10 of the same Act.

Polis Negeri Sembilan Facebook

He said police had also seized the man’s two mobile phones, as well as his car, to facilitate investigations.


Earlier report: July 10, Man Surrenders After His Sex Video with Underage Girl Goes Viral