Girl Chokes to Death on Longan

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

A seven-year-old girl died after choking on a ‘longan’ fruit she was eating at her home in Kandis, Kelantan here on Sunday.

Nor Aina Fariha Mohd Fadzil was confirmed dead after she was rushed to the Bachok Health Clinic following the 7pm incident.

Her father, Mohd Fadzil Mohamad, 36, said Nor Aina, the second of three siblings, had eaten many of the fruits he had bought at a nearby stall when returning from work.

“She asked for one more as I was preparing for Maghrib prayers. I peeled a fruit and gave it to her. Soon afterwards, she came to me and spoke haltingly that she was choking on the fruit,” said Mohd Fadzil.

He said he tried his best to remove the stuck fruit but failed and rushed his daughter to the clinic.

The victim was a Year One pupil of SK Kandis here.

Bachok police chief DSP Nik Aminuddin Raja Abdullah said the case was classified as sudden death.