Muhyiddin’s son-in-law believed to be in Middle East

1069
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin’s son-in-law, Datuk Seri Muhammad Adlan Berhan, who is facing criminal breach of trust charges, is believed to be in a Middle Eastern country.

Sinar Harian reported on Wednesday (Sept 10) that efforts are ongoing to trace his exact whereabouts. Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) chief commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki said the country involved could not be disclosed.

“The country does not have an extradition agreement with Malaysia. Efforts to trace him are still underway, and we took some action yesterday (Sept 9). We hope that the Home Ministry will agree to the application to cancel his passport. We are still discussing with the country involved on how to bring him back to Malaysia,” he said after the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the MACC and Angkatan Koperasi Kebangsaan Malaysia Berhad.

The MACC is tracking down two men to assist in investigations into alleged irregularities in the registration, recruitment and storage of foreign workers’ biometric data for a ministry. They are Muhammad Adlan and lawyer Mansoor Saat, both of whom left Malaysia on May 17 and May 21, 2023, respectively.

In October 2023, then Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Razarudin Husain confirmed that a red notice application for both men had been submitted to Interpol.

Separately, Azam also addressed an investigation into a corruption case involving Menteri Besar Incorporated (MBI) and a sand mining concession.

“I cannot reveal who the individuals are, but I can confirm that the MACC has taken new action regarding MBI,” he said, adding that the probe covers both corruption and money laundering.