Terengganu Menteri Besar Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar won’t be charged over alleged violation of the movement control order (MCO).
The Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) has categorized the case as “No Further Action” (NFA).
“Terengganu police chief Roslee Chik was quoted by the Malay Mail as saying that the AGC had earlier today returned the investigation papers and informed them no charges would be brought.
“We completed the investigations and forwarded the investigation papers to them (AGC).
“They made the decision they are not charging anybody and they already (instructed) NFA for the case,” he was quoted as saying.
When asked if there were any reasons accompanying the NFA decision, Roslee declined to say more.
This is in relation to an incident that saw Ahmad Samsuri and former Menteri Besar Ahmad Said standing together at the latter’s home, said to be on April 17, together with several other volunteers.
According to Ahmad Said, the mentri besar had arrived at his home to discuss several matters on aid distribution while volunteers from the Kijal state constituency were there arranging items to be handed out.
Roslee confirmed that all 15 people had been investigated for the alleged MCO breach and no charges will be brought against any of them.