What started out as a fender bender got worse and worst.
- Toyota Vios and Proton Satria Neo involved in an accident
- Heated argument between both drivers
- Police order to disperse ignored
- Proton reversed in high speed, rammed into Toyota and police patrol car
- Proton driver beaten by severl men
- Six men, all in their 40s, arrested
- As usual, curious Malaysians slowed down to look, causing a massive traffic jam
Police arrested six men on suspicion of being involved in a fight following a misunderstanding during an accident on the Damansara-Puchong Expressway (LDP), opposite the IOI Mall, Puchong, yesterday.
The accident, which occurred at 1.15pm, involved two cars, a Toyota Vios and a Proton Satria Neo.
Serdang district police chief ACP Megat Mohd Aminuddin Megat Alias said policemen from the mobile patrol vehicle (MPV) unit went to the scene after being informed of the accident.
He said when the police arrived, the drivers of both cars were arguing and initially, did not heed the police order for them to disperse.
“Then the Proton Satria Neo car driver entered his car, and while reversing in high speed, he rammed into the Toyota Vios and the police patrol car,” he said in a statement.
Megat Mohd Aminuddin added that all the suspects, in their 40s, were taken to the Serdang district police headquarters (IPD) to facilitate the investigation.
A video recording of a man, believed to be the Proton Satria Neo driver, being arrested by the police had gone viral on social media.
The suspect was seen beaten by a few men before he was taken to the police car.