Police looking for driver who ploughed into 6 bikes, killing 3 men

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Police are tracking down a car driver who escaped after his vehicle rammed into six motorcycles at Km4, Jalan Kampung Acheh, Sitiawan, yesterday, killing three men at the scene.

Manjung district police chief Nor Omar Sappi said in the 5.30pm incident, the 38-year-old man also left behind his two friends, a man and a woman, who were injured, at the scene.

Nor Omar said both of them, aged 24, were taken for treatment at the Seri Manjung Hospital.

The man was remanded until next Tuesday after he tested positive for methamphetamine, while the woman, who is a kindergarten teacher, was released.

“Following the crash, two motorcyclists and a pillion rider were pronounced dead at the scene while four motorcyclists sustained severe injuries and were taken to the hospital for further treatment,” he said when contacted today.

The three victims killed in the incident were Mohd Suhail Zainal, 22, along with his pillion rider Hasrandy Bahrum, 27, both from Kota Kinabalu, and Mohd Nur Hisham Hassan, 29, from Kuantan.

Nor Omar said the initial investigation found that a Proton Preve was heading towards Kampung Acheh when it skidded and collided with six motorcycles coming from the opposite direction.


He urged those with information on the suspect to contact the investigating officer Inspector Lily Suryana Roslali at 013-6559693, adding that the case is being investigated under Section 41(1) of the Road Transport Act 1987.

Meanwhile, the wife of Hisham, Nur Syahirah Abdullah, 25, who is pregnant with their first child, said her husband managed to send her a selfie before he finished work at 5pm.

“I wondered why he had not returned as he usually reaches home within 10 minutes.

“I went to look for him at his friends’ house and they told me that they were trying to identify the victims of a crash that went viral on WhatsApp.

“When I went to the scene, all the victims had already been taken to the hospital, but I spotted a helmet on the road that I was sure belonged to my husband,” said Nur Syahirah when met at the Seri Manjung Hospital’s forensic unit.