Stop Sharing Images of Dad’s Mangled Body, Pleads Biker’s Daughter

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Daughter of killed biker pleads for a halt in sharing photos and a video of her father’s mangled body following a gruesome accident.

  • Biker on high-powered BMW S1000 RR crashed into the rear of a car
  • Flung into the air
  • Landed on the expressway
  • Oncoming vehicles ran over victim’s body

Biker Moh Halmi Haroon, 53, was killed when he was flung into the air and landed on the slow lane of Km26.9 of the North-South expressway near the Kulai exit in Johor at about 9.30am yesterday.

His body was crushed by several oncoming vehicles and photographs of his mangled body was shared on social media, leading to pleas by his daughter for a halt in circulating the photos.

It was reported that Halmi had put his motorcycle, a BMW S1000 RR which he had ridden for almost two years, on the website for sale.

On learning from a friend about a potential buyer in Johor Baru, he set out on the motorcycle from his Taman Lim Poon home in Batu Pahat to meet his friend in Johor Baru. The high-powered BMW S1000 RR was one of two motorcycles that Halmi, a biker for 20 years, owned.

“He had been talking about selling the bike for a week,” the New Straits Times quoted Halmi’s son, Mohd Syazwan saying. The 28-year-old works in his father’s contractor company.

Syazwan said the family received a call from the police about 30 minutes after the crash occurred. His mother Julia Omar, 53, and his four other siblings immediately rushed to Kulai.

Soon after, the family saw photos and a video taken of Halmi’s remains were being circulated on social media.

Halmi’s daughter Aliya, 20, pleaded with the public to stop uploading the photos out of respect for their father.

“I hope the photos could be taken off from any social media platform as it is too personal for the family,” Aliya said.

Initial investigation revealed that Halmi tried to avoid colliding with a car which was on the fast lane.

However, he crashed into the rear of the car and was flung into the air before landing on the left lane, according to Kulai district police chief Superintendent Razak Md Said, the News Straits Times reported.

“Several oncoming vehicles, which we are still identifying, ran over the victim,” said Razak.

Police sent Halmi’s remains to the Temenggong Seri Maharaja Tun Ibrahim Hospital in Kulai.

His family later claimed his remains from the hospital mortuary for burial at the Bukit Cermai Muslim cemetery in Batu Pahat.