Thaqif’s Family Demands Second Autopsy Report

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Grieved by the exhumation of her son, Thaqif’s mother is further anguished by the delay in releasing the report of the second autopsy as the cause of death is still unknown.

  • Calls for report to be issued immediately, for transparency and no attempts of a cover-up
  • Not informed when exhumation would take place, mother says, “It’s not a cat but my son”

The family of Mohamad Thaqif Amin Mohd Gaddafi, the student who died allegedly due to beatings in the tahfiz school he attended in Johor,  has demanded the release of a report on the second autopsy performed on the body of the 11-year old.

Thaqif’s mother, Felda Wani Ahmad, said she was in the dark over the cause of his death on Apr 26, and urged the health ministry and the hospital which conducted the autopsy to issue the report without delay.

According to the mother, the hospital said the report would be issued within a month of his passing away.

“It has been over 40 days since his death but till now we have not received the autopsy report and we are still waiting for it,” she said.

Echoing the call for the report to be issued immediately to put an end to any speculation about the incident, Malaysian Muslim Consumers Association’s (PPIM) legal bureau chairman Hishamuddin Hashim said, “We also hope for transparency in this matter and that there are no attempts of a cover-up.”

PPIM, he added, was prepared to offer the family its legal services.

On May 19, Bernama reported Health Minister Dr S Subramaniam as saying that the results of the second autopsy were expected to be known in two weeks.

The first autopsy, which was conducted in Hospital Sultan Ismail, Johor Bahru, where Thaqif was warded and subsequently died, failed to reveal the cause of death.

Felda Wani also took the authorities to task for not informing the family about when Thaqif’s remains were to be exhumed for the second autopsy.

“Yes, we know the court ordered for the body to be exhumed, but it was only when the villagers had gathered around his grave that we realised they were going to do it then,” she said.

Expressing her grief on Thaqif’s exhumation, the mother said, “It’s not a cat but my son.”

The remains from the grave at Felda Bukit Aping Timur in Kota Tinggi were exhumed on May 19.

The suspect in the case, classified as murder, was released on an RM200,000 court bond on May 3.

Earlier report: Apr 26, Johor Schoolboy in Abuse Case Dies