Two Alleged Child Abuse Victims Dead

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

What the little children suffer – physical or sexual abuse, often discovered too late to save their young lives.

Case #1: Remains of abused 6-month-old found in box at Sentul roadside

The body of an abused six-month-old baby was discovered in a shoe box left by the roadside at Sentul on Friday.

A female cleaner at Jalan Kovil Hilir stumbled upon the boy, believed to have been dead for two days, early in the morning.

“The body had bruises and cuts on the face and seemed to have been half-scalded.

“We believe the baby had been physically abused,” Sentul police chief ACP R Munusamy said.

He said the body had been handed over to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital’s Forensic Department for a post-mortem, and that the case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.

“I am asking members of the public with information on this case to come forward, or to contact the investigating officer ASP Tan Loon Chuan at 019-9993377,” Munusamy added.

Case #2: Suspected abused 3-year-old boy dead

A three-year-old boy with bruises all over his body was found unconscious in the bathroom at his home at Kampung Terimah near the town of Limbang in Sarawak on Friday.

The boy was discovered by his stepmother, 23, at about 4.20pm and rushed to the district hospital where he was pronounced dead by a medical officer.

Apparently, the boy was left to play alone in a bathtub in the bathroom when the stepmother went to the kitchen to turn off the gas after cooking.

It is believed the doctor found several bruises on his forehead, nose, mouth, ears, stomach, back and buttocks.

The parents lodged a police report after suspecting those marks were signs of abuse.

Meanwhile, Limbang police chief Superintendent Mohd Bukhori Saffai said the case is classified as sudden death.

“Due to the injuries and bruises found on the victim’s body, a post-mortem needs to be carried out to determine the cause of death and whether he had been abused,” he said.

The body will be taken to the Miri Hospital for a post-mortem on Monday to facilitate further investigation.