Zahid highlights “double standards” after PN minister held gathering with 500 voters

35
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Umno president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has questioned the Perikatan Nasional (PN) government’s Covid-19 regulations after finding out a minister had allegedly held a gathering with 500 residents in Hulu Langat.

He added that large gatherings are unnecessary amid the pandemic and said that the minister could have been just contributed to donations remotely.

“[On Sunday] a minister reportedly met 500 residents in Hulu Langat. In my estimation, 500 people gatherings are very large,” he wrote on his Facebook page yesterday, saying that said minister had also approved an allocation of RM30,000 for the voters there,

Facebook

“Only the public have to go online, schools have to go online, work has to go online, but the contribution of funds by the minister cannot go online? So far, the government has banned activities in public gatherings, but a minister can do so?” he asked.

He said that since the government has not allowed any large gatherings, were ministers exempted from the regulations instead.

Noting complaints about double standards on social media, Zahid said such issues have been on people’s mind.

“I, too, have questions if the minister should get a compound. It appears he was violating the National Security Council’s directive,” he said.

Zahid did not specify which minister he was referring to, but Senior Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali had on Twitter on Sunday said he visited 500 people from the ethnic Chinese community in the Sungai Tua state seat to give out donations.

Twitter

Azmin also said on Twitter he had approved an allocation of RM30,000 for traditional medicine practitioners in the area.