Datuk Seri who allegedly molested daughter to be charged March 23

444
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

The Datuk Seri who allegedly molested his daughter will be charged on March 23, says Comm Datuk Saiful Azly Kamaruddin.

The city police chief pointed out that a media report stating that the prosecution and the police had taken two months to charge the suspect was incorrect.

“The investigation papers were only referred to the deputy public prosecutor with a suggestion to charge on Feb 25.

Bernama

“A report stating that I had referred the investigation papers to the Attorney General on Jan 26 is not true,” he said in a statement on Wednesday (March 17).

Comm Saiful said the acts were alleged to have taken place since 10 years ago, up until early this year.

The investigations also took some time to ensure it was thorough and complete, as the time frame of the alleged incidents was quite long, he added.

“A protection order will also be requested to protect the victim and her siblings.

“Previously, the victim had rejected an interim protection order because it was only for herself. She wanted her siblings to be protected as well,” Comm Saiful said. – The Star