Police Report Lodged Against Tok Mat over RM10M London Apartment

1032
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Claims that he also owns an RM6 million Minangkabau-style house in Seremban.

Negri Sembilan PKR has lodged a police report urging fresh investigations into Barisan Nasional candidate for Rantau by-election Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan for transferring RM10mil via a moneychanger to purchase a luxury apartment in London in 2008.

Its information chief Yusof Tapar said that the report was made following the emergence of new evidence in the form of a “confession” by Mohamad, who in a press conference on Sunday (April 7) said that the RM10mil he transferred was indeed to buy his London property.

“We will also lodge a report with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) because there is new evidence after Mohamad confessed to the media.

“We understand that the money was not declared to Bank Negara Malaysia before being transferred via the moneychanger.

“The year 2008 saw Salamath Ali Money Changer Sdn Bhd found guilty and had its business licence revoked. Meanwhile, the one who ordered the transaction was not charged,” Yusof told reporters outside the Seremban district police headquarters on Tuesday (April 9).

Although Mohamad said that he had been cleared by the MACC and the Attorney-General’s Chambers at the time, Yusof said that there was reasonable doubt about the previous investigations as they were made under the Barisan Nasional administration.

Echoing a question by Pakatan Harapan candidate for Rantau Dr S Streram, Yusof also questioned the source of income that enabled Mohamad, who in 2008 was in his fourth year as Negri Sembilan mentri besar, to buy an RM10mil apartment overseas.

“It is a big amount, even for a mentri besar. If he could buy an RM10mil house using cash, how much wealth did he actually accumulate during his first four years as mentri besar?” he said.

Yusof also handed the police a flash drive containing 58-second footage of Mohamad’s statement in the Sunday press conference.

Meanwhile, Negri Sembilan Parti Amanah Nasional youth also lodged a report with the MACC on Tuesday (April 9) morning, urging the anti-graft body to probe Mohamad, a three-term Rantau assemblyman, over the same issue.

Mohamad today brushed off claims that he also owns an RM6 million Minangkabau-style house in Seremban, labelling such allegations against him as “childish”.

“Please check if (the bungalow in Seremban 2) is mine or not. If it’s mine, then it is. If it’s not, then it’s not. I can’t be bothered to entertain such claims,” he told reporters this morning.

Yesterday, Streram asked Mohamad to explain viral footage of a luxury bungalow in Seremban, allegedly owned by him.

Mohamad has denied owning the house.

The property in question is a house in Saujana Duta in Seremban 2.

“I’m not saying that the ‘Minangkabau’ house is Tok Mat’s (Hasan). But I have seen viral messages and videos on WhatsApp which claim that the bungalow is his.

“So I think it is better for Tok Mat to provide an explanation on the matter,” Streram told reporters yesterday.