Almost 1,000 people flout MCO SOP

151
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Almost 1,000 people were nabbed for flouting the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) under the Movement Control Order (MCO) yesterday.

Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob in a statement today said out of 987 detained, 939 were slapped with compounds, 47 remanded while one released on bail.

Failure to wear face masks again topped the list of offences with 218 cases.

“Other offences were unauthorised travel and eating in premises (196), failure to record details at premises (135), ferrying passengers above permitted numbers (127), failure to observe physical distancing (125), failure to adhere to the movement control order (68), activities at entertainment outlets (35) and others (71), with 12 premises found flouting orders.”

Bernama

Police also conducted 83,842 checks nationwide including at restaurants, supermarkets, banks, and others.

Under Op Benteng, 11 undocumented immigrants were detained, and one land vehicle seized.

Ismail Sabri said a total of 916 roadblocks were currently operating throughout the country.

Meanwhile, 165 sanitisation operations were carried out throughout the country yesterday.

“A total of 497 individuals returned from abroad yesterday and have been placed at quarantine centres.”

In total, 217,526 returned to the country since July 24 last year with 8,863 quarantined, 206,348 allowed to go home and 2,315 taken to hospitals.

He said 102 foreign workers were screened and one tested positive for Covid-19.

To date, 698,186 foreign workers have been screened with 10,322 of them positive for Covid-19. – NST