Broken by allegations that his three young daughters had been sexually assaulted by his son, a father’s worst fears came true when doctors confirmed that two of the girls were raped.
Preliminary medical examinations by doctors at the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital in Sungai Petani found rape-related injuries on the eight-year old and 14-year-old victims.
The 51-year-old man told the New Straits Times that he did not follow reports on the case as he was too tormented.
“What else can I say? My worst fears have been confirmed. It feels like my world has crumbled.
“I am worried about the impact this incident will have on my three daughters.
“At the same time, I also have to face the fact that my teenage son is likely to be thrown behind bars for a long time,” the father said.
The man, a labourer, said he would leave it to the police to complete their investigations.
The state Welfare Department has taken custody of the three girls and they have been sent to a children’s shelter in Jitra.
“I think it is safer for them to be placed under the department’s supervision and care during this period. I hope the officers (counsellors) will be able to help my daughters get through this difficult time,” he said.
The Sungai Petani magistrate’s court granted the police a six-day remand extension until Aug 2 against the suspect, according to Kuala Muda deputy police chief Superintendent Saifi Abd Hamid.
The 18-year-old youth, the third of 12 siblings, was detained on Jul 21 when he turned himself in at the district police headquarters after his mother lodged a report claiming that he had raped his 8-year-old sister.
He was also being probed for allegedly raping his two other sisters, aged 9 and 14.
Kedah Criminal Investigation Department chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Mior Farid Al Athrash Wahid said police were still waiting for the full medical examination report from doctors.