Covid-19 vaccinations will continue under the total lockdown from June 1 to 14, the special committee on vaccine supply (JKJAV) said.
In a tweet last night after Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin’s announcement on the three-phase lockdown, JKJAV said all vaccination centres will also continue to operate.
“All appointments are valid, and all vaccination centres will operate as usual during the total lockdown (Phase 1) from June 1 to 14, 2021.
“Please show your appointment details or MySejahtera for verification,” it tweeted.
Some Twitter users began asking on the social media platform after Muhyiddin’s announcement if their vaccinations were still valid.
National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme Coordinator Khairy Jamaluddin had previously said that people could travel inter-state and inter-district to reach their vaccination centres and only needed to show their appointments on their MySejahtera or on the vaccination website as proof at police roadblocks.
The total lockdown, similar to the first imposed in March last year with closures of all but essential sectors and services, comes as Covid-19 cases hit a record high of 8,290 today, after three days of 7,000 cases and almost a week of 60 deaths daily.
The lockdown will also be held in phases, where the second phase, to cover a period of four weeks following the two-week hard lockdown, will see the reopening of some sectors while still banning large gatherings, followed by the third phase with more restrictions lifted. – TMI