Family Confirms Teenager Electrocuted by Cellphone in Bathtub

2376
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Family speaks out for the first time after teenager electrocuted by her cellphone in the bathroom, with her dad saying how his world just came to a stop.

Authorities have confirmed that a 14-year-old Texas girl died after she was electrocuted while using her cellphone in the bathtub.

Madison Coe was taking a bath at her New Mexico home over the weekend when she either plugged her Samsung Edge Plus into an outlet or grabbed it while it was already charging, her step-mother, a nurse, said.

A cellphone, charger and extension cord were found by the bathtub. The teenager had a burn mark on her hand.

Madison was mourned and remembered as a bright girl who loved playing basketball and the tuba.

She had just graduated from 8th grade and was set to start high school in Houston.