Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah again reiterated the Health Ministry’s top management was not informed of the quarantine breach by PAS minister Mohd Khairuddin Aman Razali in July and the RM1,000 compound he paid.
Asked at his daily press briefing on Covid-19 about the Attorney-General’s Chambers decision to take no further action on the plantation and commodities minister, Noor Hisham told the press to refer to his statement on August 25.
“Please refer to my response I gave during the press conference on August 25. It still stands,” the director-general of health said in Putrajaya today.
Noor Hisham was reported saying then that: “All of us here, we were not informed of this. We only knew of it last week when it was raised by the media, so we ordered an internal investigation.”
He said then the results of the investigation found that the ministry had not been kept informed.
He also said then the ministry was leaving investigations to police, who are also enforcement officers of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988.
Additional questions by reporters today on the matter were not allowed by the press conference’s coordinators.
The AGC’s statement today that there was insufficient evidence to charge Khairuddin because he was never issued home surveillance or self-quarantine orders still begs the question as to why the Kuala Nerus MP was fined RM1,000 for the breach, if he had not violated any order.
After his return from Turkey on July 4, Khairuddin attended Parliament on July 13. In between, he also attended events and visited other places in the country. – TMI