MB: Selangor Ramadan E-Bazaar Still On, FT Minister’s Announcement Only for FT

611
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

The e-bazaar for Ramadan is still on in Selangor, says Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari.

The Selangor Mentri Besar said the announcement made by Federal Territories Minister Tan Sri Annuar Musa on Thursday (April 17) that any form of Ramadan bazaar this year would be banned, including via drive-through, pack-and-pick and e-hailing was applicable only for the Federal Territories.

“If the ruling was for the entire country, it will be made by the Defence Minister, ” Amirudin said on Friday (April 17).

Amirudin said the state’s e-bazaar initiative will continue during the fasting month, giving his assurance that it will not go against any ruling set by Putrajaya.

He said restaurants and agro bazaars had been allowed to operate during the movement control order (MCO) through the use of online orders and delivery services.

“Restaurants can still operate and deliver food. They are no different from bazaars.

“We will have central kitchens and will provide the logistics. The e-hailing riders would come to these locations to collect and deliver the food to the customers.

“There will be no walk-in guests and we will have strict guidelines on health and safety.

“We will ensure social distancing and that the temperature of everyone in the process is taken.

“However, do not anticipate an extensive range of stalls. We will limit the menu.

“We are still in the process of drawing up the guidelines, but we want to accommodate this e-bazaar. We have been receiving positive feedback from the public.

FMT

“As of now, we have identified 15 locations for the central kitchen,” said Amirudin who added that more information on these e-bazaars will be made in the near future.

“Currently, the Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (Fama) has set up farmer’s markets, which are also based on the concept of stalls offering goods which can be sent to homes through delivery,” he added.