Najib: Don’t Donate to So-Called RM3.5M Fund

1692
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Datuk Seri Najib Razak today has denied making any plight on social media to raise RM3.5 million for his bail.

He said no request was made by him or his family.

In a Facebook post yesterday, the former prime minister said he was appreciative of the support he had been receiving but stressed that he never made any plight for donations as stated on some social media sites.

Zunnur Al Shafiq/NST

“I thank you brothers and sisters for your support and your willingness to help me. However, I want to make it clear that I never asked any party for donations,” he said, adding that he had been allowed to return home.

Najib said the bail would be dealt with on Friday with the balance from the fund raised in July and with the help from his family and friends.

“If there is a need to get the support from the public to raise funds for bail or legal fees, the account details will be posted on my official site here,” Najib wrote in the post, warning the public to avoid making any donations to the account in the message which had gone viral since yesterday evening.

He also asked for his supporters to pray for his and his family’s strength and health to overcome these trying times. – NST