Pelvic Bone 99% Match to Missing Aussie Grandmother

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

DNA testing on a pelvic bone found at a construction site has shown it was from missing Aussie grandmother Annapuranee Jenkins.

Revealing this to theSun today, her son Steven Jenkins, who is visiting Penang to aid the police in their investigation, texted a notification that the DNA test came back 99% positive to his mother, who leaves behind two children, two grandchildren and her ailing husband Frank.

Annapuranee’s alleged personal belongings were also found together with the bone at the site beside the Penang Turf Club – some 3km away from where she was last seen on Dec 13, 2017.

The heartbroken notification came after an extensive search for some three years to find the 66-year-old Adelaide resident, who was born in Parit Buntar, Perak before relocating to Australia after marrying Frank.

While, the family may find some closure, Steven is hoping that the circumstances of her untimely death can also be revealed.

“I think the site still has many items which can aid the police in determining how she may have died and the circumstances behind it,” he said.

The family searched the entire country with Steven leading the charge to pass around posters of his beloved mother but there were no leads.

They engaged the media both here and in Australia but to no avail.

The area where the belongings and bone were found was a thick forest cover three years ago with the imposing Penang Hill Range in the background.

The site was only cleared last year before a landscaping contractor stumbled upon the belongings and what resembled skeletal remains.

Annapuranee was last seen at the Sri Ramakrisha Orphanage along the busy Scotland Road.

Earlier, she walked from a hotel in George Town to a dental surgery in Pulau Tikus after a ride sharing app driver failed to show up.

She underwent her treatment before she sought the clinic staff to book her a then Uber ride to the Little Sisters’ of the Poor Home for the Infirm in Batu Lanchang where her now deceased mother was residing.

Halfway through at Scotland Road she asked to leave the vehicle. – The Sun Daily