Police Raid House Where Cradle CEO’s Widow was Staying

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

At 5pm today, the two teenage stepsons of Cradle CEO have been released after spending four days in a police lock-up.

Police raided a house belonging to a relative of Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Nazrin Hassan’s widow, Samirah Muzaffar, as part of investigations into his death.

Sources confirmed that police visited the house in Taman Tun Dr Ismail around 8am on Monday (Sept 10).

It is learnt that Samirah and her children had been staying at the house since Nazrin’s death on June 14.

Police collected items including a smartphone, a CCTV recorder and other personal objects to help with the ongoing investigation, said the source.

Nazrin was killed in a fire at his home on June 14. Early last month, police reclassified the case as murder under Section 302 of the Penal Code, following a forensic investigation by the Fire and Rescue Department.

Nazrin was found dead after being trapped in a fire on the upper floor of his house in Mutiara Damansara with burn marks on 30% of his body.

Samirah, a senior executive at the Malaysian Intellectual Property Corporation (MyIPO), had also criticised the authorities over the handling of the case.

Police arrested her and her ex-husband last week before letting the latter go.

Samirah was remanded initially for seven days, and this was further extended for three days on Monday (Sept 10). She is expected to be released Thursday (Sept 13).

Two teenagers were also arrested on Saturday (Sept 8) in connection with the case and are remanded for seven days.

– The Star

Earlier reports:

Sept 10, Remand for Cradle CEO’s Wife Extended, Review Sought of Stepsons

Sept 10, Family, Friends, Activist Protest Police Treatment of Cradle CEO’s Stepsons

Sept 9, Cradle CEO’s Stepsons Arrested

Sept 6, Cops Deny Cradle CEO’s Stepsons Arrested over Murder Probe

Sept 4, Cradle CEO’s Wife, Ex-Husband Arrested over Murder Investigation

Aug 14, Wife of Slain Cradle CEO Slams Probe, Disputes Police Claim of Murder

Aug 6, Death of Cradle Chief in Fire Reclassified as Murder

Jun 15, Mobile Phone Explosion Blamed for Death of Cradle Fund CEO

Jun 14, Start-Up Fund Cradle CEO Dies in Home Fire