Suspect in Puchong Rape-Robbery Dies in 12th Floor Fall

- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Some call it karma, some say it’s justice swiftly served. The fact is a suspect in a brutal rape and brazen robbery case paid with his life trying to evade arrest.

  • Two men took turns to rape illegal gambling den female attendant
  • CCTV footage of entire incident went viral
  • Remaining suspect in custody

The owner of an illegal gambling outlet in Bandar Kinrara Puchong lodged a police report on May 13 pertaining to an alleged rape and robbery that had taken place on May 11. The rape victim, a 33-year-old Indonesian woman, and the robbery victim, a 34-year-old Bangladeshi man, also filed police reports on May 16.

CCTV footage of the incident went viral last weekend and a 26-year-old suspect was detained.

Now, in the latest development of the case, a second suspect was killed when he tried to flee from a police raid last night.

The 22-year-old suspect fell from the 12th floor of an apartment in Taman Setapak Jaya at 10:10 pm yesterday. Acting on a tip-off, police raided an apartment at PPR Seri Semarak. They forced their way in when the occupants refused to open the door. A man and a woman were found in the living room.

The Star reported that Serdang District Police chief ACP Megat Mohd Aminuddin Megat Alias said, “The policemen heard some objects dropping in the kitchen area and went to check. The found the suspect clinging to the grille outside the kitchen.

“The team of policemen tried to persuade the man to come back inside but he refused,” Megat said, adding that the man suddenly lost his grip and fell.

Police found the suspect was still alive, albeit “in poor condition”, at the spot where he had landed on the ground floor. An ambulance arrived about 30 minutes later and sent him to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Police said the youth had two prior records for drug-related offences. The other suspect, who has been remanded until May 20, has a previous record for robbery.”

It is believed that the suspects had entered the illegal gambling den as customers and then pointed knives at the throats of the victims. They then took the female outlet attendant to a corner of the premises, in front of the toilet, and took turns to rape her.

Along with the four-minute CCTV recording, the photos of two suspects had also gone viral.