The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) is seeking 12 men to assist in its investigation into a vice protection racket involving police officers in Melaka.
The 12 individuals sought by the MACC to help in the probe are:
- Chua Kiew Chai, 50, last known address in Batu 9, Cheras
- Goh Tse Yuan, 29, last known address in Seksyen 3, Melaka
- Khor Chee How, 38, last known address in Taman Mewah Jaya 3, Klang
- Lim Chin Wah, 32, last known address in Kg Lapan, Melaka
- Ng Kim Boon, 50, last known address in Taman Anika, Melaka
- Ng Kok Yuan, 28, last known address in Bandar Bukit Tinggi 2, Klang
- Sah Kok Onn, 31, last known address in Taman Berkeley, Klang
- Tan Kai Boon, 26, last known address in Felda Kemendor, Jasin, Melaka
- Tan Seng Hwee, 30, last known address in Sungai Mati, Ledang
- Tan Wee Kok, 24, last known address in Bandar Hilir, Melaka
- Tee Kian Yee, 28, last known address in Pandamaran, Port Klang
- Teoh Song Peng, 48, last known address in Plentong, Masai, Johor
Those with information on the individuals’ whereabouts are urged to contact MACC investigating officer Saiful Amir Hamzah at 03-88867592 or 014-2244003.
Nine police officers and three others have been arrested so far in the investigation.
On Jul 24, Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) director Abu Talib Othman said the investigation into allegations of policemen protecting illegal gambling outlets and vice dens was ongoing.
On Monday, the home ministry said in a written reply to a question raised by Hanipa Maidin (Amanah-Sepang) that it was up to the MACC whether to call the Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar to testify if he had contact with a key suspect in the Melaka vice protection racket.
Hanipa had asked why there was no action taken against the IGP who had admitted in June that he and his family knew Gopinathan Krishnan, the top suspect arrested in May as the key “intermediary” in a major police protection racket for vice activities in Melaka.
Khalid had previously said those who know him and his family but are involved in illegal activities, will have to answer to the law.