Armed Forces Trio Serving Hisham Told to Report Back for Duty

1622
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

The three personnel allegedly still serving former defence minister Hishammuddin Hussein have been instructed to report back to the Armed Forces.

Defence Minister Mohamad Sabu said the Armed Forces was also in the process of investigating the matter.

“They are in the midst of probing and a decision will be made as soon as possible.

Bernama

“The trio has already been instructed to report back for duty at the Armed Forces,” he told reporters on the sidelines of the International Association for Counter-terrorism and Security Professionals (IASCP) Asean Security Symposium today.

Mohamad had been asked to comment on the status of investigations into the case.

The Armed Forces reportedly said it had terminated the escort services provided to Hishammuddin immediately after the May 9 polls.

In a statement, the Armed Forces also confirmed that it was probing claims that two Navy special operations force (Pascal) officers and a commando were still serving as escorts to Hishammuddin.

This came after Mohamad instructed his ministry to immediately look into allegations that the personnel were still serving his predecessor.

He also warned that action would be taken if they were found to have violated existing rules.

A report by Malaysiakini had said the trio were still serving as escorts to Hishammuddin. It also claimed that the three were drawing salaries from the Armed Forces as well as from the Sembrong MP.

Yusof Mat Isa

However, Hishammuddin said the trio had become close to him and his family and were only serving him temporarily.

He also said he had offered them employment but told them to resign from the Armed Forces with immediate effect if they accepted the offer. – FMT