Azmin Gave Statement to Cops over Viral Sex Video Probe

236
- Advertisement -

Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali has given his statement to the police yesterday pertaining to the viral sex video controversy that has been linked to him.

FMT

Azmin’s lawyer N Surendran said the Economic Affairs Minister gave his statement to the police to assist them in their investigations.

“I refer to the investigations resulting from the police report lodged by the political secretary of Azmin, calling for an investigation into the circulation of the notorious fake sex videos.

FMT

“The videos are a slanderous and politically motivated attack upon him,” said Surendran in a statement today.

“The Minister’s office had been contacted by police on Sunday (June 16) to record his statement as part of the investigation.

“There are obvious signs of an organised and systematic attempt to discredit and bring down the Minister with this false and malicious attack. The perpetrators had access to leaked personal data of party members, sophisticated means and a clear political agenda,” he said.

“We trust that police will get to the bottom of this soon, and identify and take action against the culprits, according to the law.”

He did not say where Azmin’s statement was recorded.

Yesterday, Deputy Inspector-General of Police Mazlan Mansor said the force has recorded 21 statements in connection with the probe into the sex video.

He said 17 reports have been lodged over the video, which has gone viral since it was first shared via WhatsApp last Tuesday.

Police have established a special team, comprising the force’s Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and forensic unit, and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, to investigate the case.

The team is headed by federal CID chief Huzir Mohamed.