Covid-19: Another massive jump as Malaysia records 13,215 cases in one day

53
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Malaysia hit another fresh high in the number of Covid-19 cases nationwide, with a staggering 13,215 cases recorded in the last 24-hour period.

Bernama

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah tweeted the numbers, in which Selangor led with 6,120 cases, followed by Negri Sembilan with 1,603 cases and the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur with 1,499 cases.

Kedah reported 695 cases, followed by Johor (599), Penang (509), Melaka (484), Sabah (370), Sarawak (363), Perak (344) and Kelantan (255).

Pahang recorded 222 cases, followed by Terengganu (70), Putrajaya (53), Federal Territory of Labuan (26) and Perlis (3)

Two days ago, Malaysia saw a spike in Covid-19 infections with a record high of 11,079 new infections in a single day.

Selangor recorded 5,263 cases alone while Kuala Lumpur racked up 1,521 and Negri Sembilan had 1,033.

According to Dr Noor Hisham, the high numbers are the result of targeted testing at factories and other workplaces which are allowed to operate during the enhanced movement control order (EMCO).

Dr Noor Hisham also said 85 percent of the new cases comprised Category 1 and 2 patients. The remaining 15 percent were in Categories 3, 4 and 5, which are those considered to be more severe. – MMO