TV host and entrepreneur Neelofa is in hot water again after a photo allegedly showing several members of her family visiting her home during Hari Raya was uploaded on to social media.
In a statement on Monday (May 17), Ampang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Mohamad Farouk Eshak confirmed police were investigating the incident.
He, however, did not name the celebrity, whose full name is Noor Neelofa Mohd Noor, in the statement.
“On May 17, at around 4pm we identified a photo of a celebrity that had been uploaded online which showed Hari Raya celebrations with family members who we suspect did not live at the same address. The incident was believed to have occurred at the celebrity’s house in Hulu Kelang.
“Thirteen individuals in the photo were seen and the visit goes against the set SOPs by the National Security Council,” he said.
He added that a report had been lodged and that investigations are ongoing.
“The police urge all parties to not speculate on the matter as it is still under investigations. All are also advised to obey the rules and SOPs set,” he said.
The celebrity, who is no stranger to controversy, sparked the ire of social media users following a post by her sister, which has since been deleted.
In the now deleted clip, family members were seen greeting each other in a house, believed to be Neelofa’s house in Ampang.
Screenshots of the video showed herself, and her husband greeting several others.
Earlier this month, Neelofa and her husband Muhammad Haris Mohd Ismail were called up by police to record their statements for allegedly crossing state lines to buy carpets in Negri Sembilan.
Previously, both of them and their family members were issued with compounds amounting to RM60,000 for violating the Covid-19 SOP after the couple’s wedding event on March 27 revealed that guests were seated closely to one another without adhering to the physical distancing rule. Some were also seen without face masks.
The newlyweds were again criticised when they were accused of breaching movement restrictions for travelling to Langkawi while Kuala Lumpur and Selangor were under conditional movement control order. – The Star