Pakatan Harapan on Saturday (Oct 29) night announced its list of candidates who will be contesting in 14 parliamentary seats in Kedah during the 15th general election (GE15) on Nov 19.
Kedah Pakatan information chief Datuk Dr Ismail Salleh, who made the announcement in Sungai Petani on Saturday, also announced the nine PKR candidates who were named on Friday (Oct 28).
The five seats announced will be contested by candidates from Amanah (four) and DAP (one).
They were Muaz Abdullah (Padang Terap), Datuk Mahfuz Omar (Pokok Sena), Datuk Latipah Mohamad Yatim (Sik), Johari Abdullah (Baling) and DAP candidate Zulhazmi Shariff (Jerai).
However, the coalition did not announce the name of the candidate for one more seat in the state – Langkawi.
Kedah Pakatan chairman Datuk Mahfuz Omar, when met by reporters after the event, said the Pakatan candidate for the Langkawi seat would be decided later, and declined comment as to why it had not been announced.
“We will inform you later, before the nominations,” he said.
PH candidates for Kedah parliamentary seats
- Jerlun – Dr Mohamed Fadzil Mohd Ali
- Kubang Pasu – Aizuddin Ariffin
- Padang Terap – Muaz Abdullah
- Pokok Sena – Datuk Mahfuz Omar
- Alor Setar – Simon Ooi Tze Min
- Kuala Kedah – Dr Azman Ismail
- Pendang – Datuk Zulkifly Mohamad
- Jerai – Zulhazmi Shariff
- Merbok – Nor Azrina Surip
- Sik – Datuk Latipah Mohamad Yatim
- Sungai Petani – Dr Mohammed Taufiq Johari
- Baling – Johari Abdullah
- Padang Serai – M.Karupaiya
- Kulim Bandar Baharu – Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail