PM tells 7 million Malaysians who missed out to get their booster shots

199
- Advertisement - [resads_adspot id="2"]

Seven million Malaysians have yet to take their booster dose of the Covid-19 vaccine so far, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

The Prime Minister advised them to do so immediately, saying that although the booster dose was not mandatory, it was still vital as not only have Covid-19 cases seen an upward trend, but the dose would also help in facing new variants of the virus, especially the more infectious Omicron BA.5 variant.

“It is not mandatory, but I would like to advise those who have yet to take the booster dose to immediately take it to protect themselves from infection, and if they are having symptoms, go see a doctor for confirmation,” he said.

Bernama

Ismail Sabri, who is Bera MP, said this to reporters when met after attending the Korban Perdana programme and witnessing the sacrificial rites in conjunction with Aidiladha at Darul Fikri Mosque here Monday (July 11).

When asked if there was a plan to reopen large-scale vaccination centres to facilitate those who have yet to take the booster dose, Ismail Sabri said it was up to the Ministry of Health to decide, if they found it necessary.